Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer time

 We use our yard as part of the pasture for out horses; and a few weeks ago we fixed up an area and let them into the yard. The horses always get so excited when we turn them out in the yard; this time; they put on a show....

 The neighbors were spraying their fields again...it's pretty neat; but at the same time makes me really wonder what we are really eating...
 Barn Cat gave us a surprise; a few weeks ago I mentioned to my family that I bet the cat is a girl and I bet she's pregnant.....three days after I mention this......
 Guess what...(this is a picture of them at about a week old)...
 That's right; three pretty kittens.
 My polish hens and Samantha's Cochin hens are growing great. We'll be moving the meat birds out really, REALLY soon!!
 Our ducks are growing also; the one one the left is the oldest; the one on the right is not only the youngest, only by a day, but it's also the runt...can you tell?
 
It's really hot today, heat index is around 96 and it's only 3. For some reason; the past few days, I've felt extremely dizzy and light headed.
Tonight Samantha's having a 4-h come out and tattoo her goats for fair...I can't wait till fair!!

Samantha's showing both Esmeralda and Abilene at fair. She's showing Annabelle and Gemma. She's showing meat birds, and four different fancy chickens. She's also showing her call duck. She's on the Jr. fair board, which means morning meetings all week and volunteering work everyday....Busy, busy, busy!! Of the 7 days of fair (Saturday to Saturday) she has a show everyday of the week except one!
I plan on being there most of the time too... Both to help; and to have fun- this is Samantha's last year showing in 4h. Fair starts July 9th-my birthday.

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-2

No comments:

Post a Comment