Friday, April 22, 2011

Thunderstorms

Though it seems like forever almost as if we should questions Gods promise of the rainbow (I said almost)and start building another ark, here in Ohio, it's been thunder storming on and off for just the past several days. Causing major flooding. A local racetrack had to evacuate around 500 horses!
Google Image
I rather enjoy thunderstorms; so long as I'm not stuck doing chores in them. The beauty, sight, and the sound of everything. I truly enjoy feeling the power of thunder!!
What I truly and honestly am scared of are tornadoes (at first I thought I typed tomatoes, I'm not scared of tomatoes. I find them rather delicious!). We're surrounded by farm land. Honestly, we're like horse among cows, it doesn't take a horse person to find the horse. WE STAND OUT! We're not tucked away amongst other houses (thank goodness!!!) and we're not hidden among trees- giving the feeling of security.
We'd be able to see a tornado coming from miles away! And though we have a basement; it's not a pretty basement. It's an old, icky, spider filled basement (the type of basement that makes me think, hmm, would I rather face the tornado?)
Google Image
Why am I scared? I'm not scared for my safety, or even that of my family (because I know they're smart and will take cover). I worry about my animals. My baby's.
It wouldn't take much to collapse all of our old barns. I think of how scared they would be. Uhg, I hate it!!
Nights like this, I really wish I could bring all of my animals inside. I know having them inside doesn't make them any safer, but it would sure make me feel better!!
Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment