Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Past Few Days

Hello my dear friends!
Wow, have I been busy! The past few days have been beautiful! Sunny and warm!! And with beautiful days, comes work here on the farm.
I mowed the yard for the first time this year, it probably will be a while before it needs mowed again, but I know, before I know it I'll be mowing every three-four days!
Mom and I (mostly mom) weeded the strawberry patch.
I trimmed Awols hooves. Mom cleaned up the shingles that had gotten blow all over our yard from our barns. We let the horses into the middle field for the first time since December.
I brought Tayla into the yard, while she munched on the tall grass, I hopped up onto her back. It felt so good to be back 'in the saddle' (yes, I was riding her bareback) after the winters run.
I also brought Quartermaine into the yard, in hopes of getting on his back, but her was to excited and I didn't want to risk it.
In addition to getting things done, I enjoyed the weather, taking a walk with Tianna, and just sitting out enjoying the sun!
We brought all the goats into the yard to munch on the grass. I took pictures- I'll try to get them uploaded soon!
I also walked Fubar and Snafu. Fubar was free to roam, but Snafu I was working with, teaching him to listen to me, that way, when I can afforded a goat cart, he'll be trained and ready for it!

A thunderstorm rolled in today. A nice chance to catch up on blogging.

Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment