Saturday, April 23, 2011

Organic

With limited funds, I have to pick and choose what to go organic on.
I raise my own grass fed meat chickens and grass fed egg chickens. I also have my own dairy goats, to use for milk and someday cheese. Every summer my mom and I plant a garden, going all organic, using straw to control weeds and an organic pesticide to take care of the nasty bugs. 

Google Image

I'll have some people yell at me for raising meat chickens (even though these same people eat meat) "how can you raise something from a baby only to kill it!"
I look at them as say, "My animals are raised with love," all my animals (except the ones raised for meat) are my babies, "I know what goes into them (and what comes out), where factory chickens are pumped with steroids and have no sunlight, my chickens can feel the grass under there feet and the wind in their combs and waddles. Though it's a short life, it's a happy healthy life.
I raise my animals, with room to roam, I care for them if they are injured, rather than just toss them into a ditch to die. I also know when its time for the processing, they die quick, and painless. I know that my animals are handled with care up until it's time for them to sacrifice themselves so I can eat."

Google Image
If I had a slogan for going organic, I'd tell people, baby steps. It's not about raising you own meat chickens or having room for egg chickens. Start by using vinager to clean rather than those harsh cleaners you buy.
Read, learn and put into practice.
Baby Steps, before you know it you'll be running a marathon!

Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment