Monday, March 7, 2011

What makes you truly happy?

Happiness, it's the one thing everyone in the entire world seeks. BUT, it's the one thing everyone disagrees on, what makes one person happy makes the other miserable.
What makes me happy? Well, if you've been reading my blog you should already have a pretty good bet.
Books
The Bible
Google Image
God
Jesus
Forests
Google Image
Open Fields
Flowers (especially roses, daisies, lilacs and cherry blossoms)
Google Image
Animals (both wild and domesticated)
Photography
Horse Back riding
Coloring and Sketching
One of my sketches
Cleaning a barn or stall (by having to clean it, it means I have a goat/chicken/horse etc.)
Family and Friends
Animals (both wild and domesticated)
Chocolate
Cooking
Gardening
Food
Canning
Crafts
Writing
Music
Winter
 Spring
Summer
Fall
Christmas

 Fall Harvest
Spring Growth
Swimming
Walking
Picnics
Hiking
Broken down, these are my top things that make me happy, and that make me, me.
You know the saying, "Money won't make you happy"? Well, I can say, with one hundred percent certainty that, money would make me happy.  I have a great family, I have awesome friends, and most important, I have God. What makes me unhappy and the root to all my problems is lack of money...so, money it's self won't make me happy, but it's what I can do with the money that would make me very happy.
I'd have the money to:
Buy real fencing
Take riding lessons
Start my dream business
Buy more gifts for my family and friends
Buy new appliances for my mom (all of our current ones are awful and barely work)
Move to a much large acreage
Buy new tack
Buy a goat cart and harness
Buy sheers for my sheep
Buy a working car
I would only have to work around my farm and I'd never have to 'go to' a job.
I'd hire my dad and give him a job on my farm
I could build my dream home!

Well, you get the point. Also, unlike some, I would not always want more, I wouldn't build my home and than think about moving to a bigger home. I'd be happy with my dream home...I'd be happy with what I have, which is what I have to do now.
I live on a seven acre farm. I own horses, goats, sheep, chickens, and ducks! I have an orchard (in progress) and huge garden to garden! I have fresh air and sunshine and no neighbors within shouting distance. I'm living in the country, I have great family and friends, I can read the bible and worship God freely with no worry of being arrested or killed. I was raised on the motto, be happy with what you have, because my parents have never had money to waste.

I'm happy with what I have....but a girl can still dream.
Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

2 comments:

  1. :) I think you are the most happy and content person I have ever met! I love you like a sister and that makes Me very happy!!! I'm blessed that God has put us together.
    ~*Caitlynn*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks! I know when I'm happy, it makes others happy, which makes me even more happy.
    And I agree, God put you in my life at the exact moment when I needed a dear friend like you!

    ReplyDelete