Monday, March 21, 2011

Tianna's First Outing

This past Wednesday (the 16th), was the first nice day since Tianna was born, so I decided to take her out for a walk. She didn't freak out at all, she was very curious.
The only thing, unlike when Naomi was her age, Tianna doesn't follow me (or anyone) very well, she'll follow me for a little bit and (unknown to me) she'll stop.
I'll turn around to have her several steps behind me, she'll then start maaing, thinking she's lost, I'll call to her, and call to her, and then yell at her, but it doesn't help, she just continues to maa (freaking out).
To get to her follow me again, I have to walk back to her, and with her right next to me start walking again.....
She follows me as well as a blind kid; but I love her to bits and pieces.. Samantha got some of the other goats out and lead them around; allowing them to munch on some grass and visit with Tianna...
Hello Handsome!
Kisses from Auntie Sophie
Kisses from Auntie Annabell
Mushu and Tianna relaxing in the warm sun
Tianna running about
My little girl
Hello shadow.
The twins getting tangled, and Tianna checking out the camera.
Dorothy is doing great. Annabell is due the 29th.
Saturday, Samantha trimmed Fubar and Snafu's hooves, she also worked with them teaching them to lead with a face halter (they are use to just a collar).

With Spring here the horses are loosing there winter coat, allowing us to see who's survived the winter without loosing condition;
D'Artagnon is great, same with Galahad. Seattle is iffy. And Lynwy (becasue she's 18) we'd like her to gain some weight. Tayla and Quartermaine could stand to gain some too. Odysseus needs to gain weight (but he's always been hard to keep weight on-he is always in need of weight gain).
Last winter they all (except Odysseus) came out very, very fat, this winter, iffy....can we ever win?

Today (the 20th, I'm typing this at 12:24 am the 21st) I spent my day outside with Tianna.
I love this picture!
I also got Awol and Naomi out of the goat yard and brought them up to visit with Tianna.
Naomi is the low head in the heard, she usually is caught hanging out with the sheep because all the goats are bullies to her. So, Naomi had fun (attempting) to head-butt Tianna.
I took the rake to the goat yard; cleaning up all the wasted hay and the straw that had gotten blown out of the barn.
I cleaned up a broken gate that had been set, and left at the beggining of winer.
I asked Colton to get a broken branch out of our tree; he did (it was a very, very large branch), and I took it (dragging it) to the goats, the goats love bark.
I also trimmed Dorothy and Naomi's hooves; because of the muddy yard, the hooves were filled with mud, so with each hoof, everytime I started to cut, the mud liquified and sqirted into my eye...well, onto my glasses; I guess it's a good thing I don't have contacts right now or I would of gotten it into my eye (like Samantha did when she trimmed Sophie, Handsome, and Coroline's.)
The grass is looking fabulous! I love the color green! I always think of God when it's spring time. New life, new hope, new beginnings. Spring is the perfect time to change things in your life that you've been meaning to change. I always went with Spring Resolutions rather than New Year Resolutions. I'm excited for planting season! I love gardening!!!
Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn  
No matter how long the winter,
spring is sure to follow.
~Proverb
 
Spring is when you feel like whistling
even with a shoe full of slush.
 ~Doug Larson
In the spring, at the end of the day,
 you should smell like dirt.
~Margaret Atwood  

The day the Lord created hope
was probably the same day
He created Spring.
~Bern Williams
We saw a blue jay Friday; to me, that's a sure sign Spring has arrived!!
Google Image
Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world. ~Virgil A. Kraft

Enjoy your Spring days, I know I sure will!!
Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24 

No comments:

Post a Comment