Thursday, March 31, 2011

A great man once said...

After making dinner last night, I was told by a great man (my dad) that,

"All cooks are great chemists, but not all chemists are great cooks."

It just make me smile and feel really smart. And when I think about women cooks over the years, it amazes me!
Google Image
 Imagine making a meal in a kitchen from the 1800 compared to now!  
Google Image
 
Google Image
 I love cooking; it's one of my passions, and with so many quick meals in the stores; I worry that cooking from scratch will slowly die off, after all, children 'now-a-days' are not being taught patience. 
I admire women from before the time of microwaves and electric ovens.
After all, even now, making dinner is like doing a puzzle, can you even imagine what it would have been like 'back then'?!?!
Google Image
It actually saddens me to think about someone never having a home cooked meal.
Google Image
I find it rather funny, how, as cooking got easier, the fashion got more sensible. Imagine cooking dressed as the women above compared to the women below,
Google Image
Google Image
And even the women above are dressed warmer than I do when cooking.
And, another thing, when cooking you're on you feet, mostly standing still, right? Could you even fathom doing that in heels!?! I couldn't, and I even love wearing heels!

Your Country Rose,
 Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment