Sunday, February 13, 2011

Yearn for Summer Nights Poem

Yearn for Summer Nights
A Poem by Gabrielle W.
~*~
The smell is indescribable,
The feel is warm and true,
The crickets play there fiddles,
While I dance beneath the moon,
The fireflies light up while I survey all the stars,
In amazement of Gods art work I wonder which is Mars,
My mind aches at the thoughts,
 My body is full of desire,
As I tuck myself under some covers,
And as I stoke the fire,
The yearn for summer nights can take over ones thoughts,
As you bundle under a coat and head out to fill the troughs, 
With barbeque's and picnics,
Fireworks and games,
Summer nights are like magic that you never want to end,
But it's still mid winter,
And more snow is sure to come,
I can only yearn for the day when summer finally comes.

Your Country Rose,


Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment