Thursday, February 17, 2011

Taking a Stroll

Yesterday was wonderful! Just being outside you only needed a jacket, if you were working just long sleeves!

We got several things done with the nice weather, we don't have trash pickup so we have to burn it and if it wasn't snowy it was windy so we had a lot of trash to burn today. Also, cat litter doesn't burn so, we took care of the winters collection by pouring it along fence rows (to try to cut down on weeds) and we also added it to the gun burm (the pile of dirt we shoot our guns at).

I got Naomi out of their yard and took a stroll with her. She follows me like a trained puppy, so it was a lot of fun to take a walk with her.
We walked, and she explored, she "helped" mom unload the trash bags (aka empty feed bags) onto the burn pile. Seeing the bags she got excited hoping for feed; goats are so smart; needless to say though, she was disappointed.
She followed as I picked up cardboard, bags and other trash that collected along our fence.
The trees are starting to get...buds on them, and one of the trees had a limb fall, Naomi was excited to find it, *crunch crunch, munch munch*. I love the sound our goats make when they find something yummy.
Needless to say the branch was more than Naomi needed to eat by herself so I dragged it to the goat field for all the other goats. Naomi didn't want to back in to her field, so we continued walking.

After a while, I let Awol come out and join us....he's not a brave boy. He....get startled easily and doesn't run to my legs (like Naomi does) he just runs, and in doing so entices the dogs to chase him...being mama bear though the dogs learn very quickly not to mess with my babies. All in all, we ended up strolling for an hour and a half.
Ha ha, the ducks, well more precisely, Samantha's drake, Kenshin, was "cleaning' himself (you know, how they dive just under the water and pop back up causing the water to run down their backs) in what use to be a puddle, but with the warm weather the ice keeping it a puddle melted causing the water to become mud- it was quit amusing to watch her white drake turn into a mud pie.

I also had fun watching Handsome and Gemma attempt to play on the tree limb in there yard.
I dream of one day owning a large acreage with trees (both fallen and standing) for my goats to play on. Honest and truly, goats are so much fun.
I love all my animals. Animals make up what makes me, me. I'm not into makeup or fashion (though I do have fun with it), I'm not into sports, movies, cars or playing instruments. I'm not saying I don't enjoy all these things, but it's not me.
Animals, country, farming, gardening, photography, woods, growing flowers, canning, cooking and baking, sketching, climbing trees, going swimming in a lake, chasing fireflies, watching for shooting stars, family, friends, and picking wild blackberries till my hands are stained...these are are the things that make me, me.

My animals are my baby's. I have panic attacks thinking about something happening to them. When I put my mind to something I put my heart to it. And when I get another animal, I adopt him or her. The animal becomes apart of me and my family.
I don't expect everyone to do this; but it's what I do, it's who I am.

I wanted to add pictures to this blog, but I didn't take any yesterday and today is not a picture taking day (windy, cloudy, a bit chilly,) so next blog (or next nice day) I'll get some new pictures up.

With so much love, from my screen to yours,
Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was so pretty! I was so sad that I had class and work all day :( Glad you could enjoy it! I'm also glad that today didn't cold, I had all morning to walk goats and the calf clean up the barn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- I really love enjoying Gods creation!

    ReplyDelete