Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Right Path

When I was younger I use to think it was so unfair that we only get one life (...I know in Christ we have an..afterlife? But {I hope} you get what I mean).
I had so many career/life style choices I wanted to follow, but with each choice I would have to give up a lot of things I loved.
I wanted to be a lion tamer for a circus. I wanted to be a teacher. I wanted to be a zoo keeper. I wanted to live in a suburb. I wanted to film wild animals all over the world (like the Wild Thornberry's) . I wanted to be a marine biologist. I wanted to live in the city. I wanted to live in the country. I wanted to be a stay at home mom. I didn't want to be a wife. I wanted to be a wife. I wanted to be a photographer. I only wanted 2-3 kids. I wanted to have more than 4 kids. I wanted to be a spy (I know, I know). I wanted to home school. I didn't want to home school. I wanted to be a park ranger. I wanted to be a horse trainer. I wanted to be a dog trainer. I wanted to be an author. I wanted to own my own store....you get the point.
Some of them I could do at the same time; where others were complete opposites.

That's one thing society doesn't get, when it comes to college they tell you that you HAVE to go no matter what you truly what to do with your life.
Choosing your life path is one of the hardest things people have to do. You only get one life and I want to spend it happy with my job and lifestyle.
I'm just not meant to be a 'go to work' women. Now sure, there are times I'm like, my life will seem so boring compared to 'career women'; they'll be talking about that operation they helped with or the country they visited or that new car they bought and like what will I have to talk about.
But then I remember I chose the best 'job' ever; I'll be a stay at home mom/wife. I'm there for my family 100%. I also chose the hardest job ever. I don't get holidays or sick days and I don't get paid with cash.
Being a stay at home mom, I'll be raising the next leaders/moms/dads/teachers/ect. of this world.
Look back in history and as the moms started working the children started to become more rude and disrespectful.
Now, please don't get me wrong, I know there are moms out there that are working moms and have wonderful kids. I also know, for some women being a stay at home mom isn't an option because of money troubles. And to those moms, I say, I'm sorry and I hope one day you get a chance to have your dream job and be a stay at home mom.
-I'm gonna add this off topic sentence, I don't think men should be stay at home dads, but I'm old fashioned like that.

I know (unless my hubby's a millionaire) I'll be on a tight budget and barely making bills at the end of the month because we'll only have one income.
But you know what, there are some women out there that say they can afford to quit there job and I'm like, well, sell that car you're going in debt for, cancel satellite, shop at Aldis and at Goodwill and you will be shocked at how much you can save.
I'm ok with a tight budget; I was raised (and I'm still) on a tight budget.
Don't let others tell you your career path. If you want to be a stay at home mom/wife, go for it. Just like if you wanted to be a brain surgeon don't let others tell you your to dumb. Stick up for your self and be honest with your self!
What is you life choice? Please feel free to comment and share!

I'm happy with my life path, are you happy with yours?
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment