Friday, February 11, 2011

Ready for Spring

We just received our first seed and plant catalog of the year. Flipping through those beautiful pages has me yearning for spring. To get my fingers in the warm soil and plant our years crop.

Google Image
Oh, the desire to see our lilies pushing their beautiful heads through the ground and to see the buds on our trees!
To hear the chirps of birds through the opened window. To wake up with the excitement of the day. To watch the ground magically turn green. To watch the goats play in their fields as if they were kids again. To ride our horses in the beautiful spring air.
To hear the crickets chirping in the night, to watch the fireflies dance beneath the stars.
Google Image
How I wish I could go outside and lay in green grass while being warmed by the sun. To be able to have a barbecue and serve lemonade. To go on a family picnic or to go on a hike with friends. How I wish I could put on my summer dress and sit on the porch swing. To lie under the stars and look at one of Gods amazing artoworks!
Google Image
With spring comes new; new life, new hope, new friends, new plants, new adventures...newness in spring is seeing Gods grace up close and personal. To take something dead and bring it to life. To take a swollen belly and have a kid. To take a hard shelled item and have a chick or duckling. To take a tiny lifeless seed and have a tomato plant come from it. The growing of food from seeds amazes me. How something so amazing comes from something so small.

The fact of it is; I have to have patience, and wait. Just like so many things in life, spring will come with time.
While I'm waiting I need to remember to enjoy and live in the moment. If I was to zoom ahead who know what I would miss!
So tell me, what are you excited for this Spring?
Your Coutntry Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment