Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lack of blogging Ideas

One thing about being....well, to put it frank, poor, is there's not much going on. I don't have money to go buy things to talk about. I don't have money to get projects done around the farm. I don't have money to go on an adventure.....so I lay in bed at night, racking my brain for ideas to blog about...
I could always try an update blog, you know, where I tell you about the weather (warmed up a bit, most of the snow has started melting). Or tell you about the animals (Annabell is all dried up and due in late March, Sophie is due in February, and Dorothy is still milking, I'm getting ready to dry her up, she's due in mid-March. All the kids are fine, the ducks love it when the snow melts, after all, then they have more water.)
But, come on, those are usual updates, nothing worth blogging or reading about. This is just one of the struggles of having a blog. You want to keep it extremely interesting, which is extremely hard if you have nothing to blog about.

I've been having fun looking at ideas for weddings. I've started jotting down money saving ideas in a note book for the day, I get to plan my wedding. Looking into weddings I realize how much people...well, waste of them,
Per person (chairs, dishes, food, and doing it my way which is as affordable as possible), comes out to be around $20-$30 bucks per head; guessing 112 guests, that's $2,240-$3,360. Over two grand just for the guests!!
Not counting the wedding cake, dance floor, DJ, photographer, decorations, flowers, dresses, suits....
The average DJ, charges $100+ per hour! Wedding cakes start at a $300.....

For me, when I get married, I won't feel to guilty about spending some money for my wedding. The reason being that, (following what God says) I am only going to get married once. But, the more I save, the better!!

It's hard to believe that celebrities spend so much on weddings....there are so few celebs that have only been married once. Many celebrities have millions of dollars to spend and, when money is no object, the sky seems to be the limit with their wedding possibilities. Catherine Zeta Jones’s wedding DRESS cost over $100,000!! When Paul McCartney married Heather Mills in June 2002, they spent $3 million!!! Tom Cruise’s wedding to Katie Holmes set them back $2 million!!
And don't even get me started on there honeymoons, where they spend at VERY MINIMUM one grand per night!!!

Ha ha, could you imagine having that much money!! Even if I married a super rich guy, I would never spend over five grand on my wedding!!! And my honeymoon, if the room is more that $150 a night that's way to much!!
I guess it just goes to show where my priorities are...for celebs it's all about who has more money, and outdoing the last big wedding....for me, if I had $100,000 to spend on just a dress, I'd either donate $95,000 to people who need help or use that $95,000 to save for a house (and let me note that I hope to not even spend $5,000 on my dress!)

Well, this blog was filled with rambling thoughts....I'll blog about something worth while next time...at least I hope I do....
Readers, do you have something you want me to research, give my opinions to, or rant about in one of my upcoming blogs?? If so PLEASE feel free to comment!
Warm wishes and Happy thoughts,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

2 comments:

  1. You could...write about what you're reading, something funny that was said/done in your house/barnyard, or write a story. Idk lol. I know the feeling though, whenever I'm assigned a free blog I can never think of anything to write. By the way, ya'll are in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww; thanks; I really do appreciate all prayers. Those are good ideas, I'll keep them in mind!

    ReplyDelete