Wednesday, January 5, 2011

God's watching over my babies

Last year or so, we had an extension cord running across the floor in the horse barn (long story as to why) we had a round bale sitting on top it (it just happened that way; the hay was for the horses), well, one day, the cord stopped working; but the outlet still worked, so we ran our hand down the cord looking to see if a mouse had chewed it (it happened before) and where the cord sat under the hay bale there was a big chewed out area. You could see where the cord had burned a little. But even though the hay bale should of gone up in flames (causing the barn to go up in flames); it didn't. The only signs of the electrical fire was on the cord itself.
Sometime last year, the boy (Fubar and Snafu) knocked there heat lamp down and onto there feed bowl, causing the bowl to only partly melt; it could of easily melted the entire bowl and caught the gate on fire, but it didn't.
A few days ago; the boys knocked there heat lamp down again (I have it tied up, but I guess those little stinkers have there ways to cause trouble) and on there old dry wood rail, there are two big dents where the heat lamp burned it. It's all charcoal-ey and I'm not sure why it didn't set the barn ablaze...

These are the miracles that involve our barns NOT catching fire. I think God was watching over my babies; if something happened to them, I would of blamed and never forgiven myself....

Today is nice and sunny. You can always tell how the weather is by how the animals act. If it's warm out the animals will be out, it it's cold out you would believe we have animals because not one would be outside.
I love when the weather gets warm for the animals; I'm always like; good, the animals get a chance to stretch there legs and warm up in the sun. It's also good for attitudes. The colder it gets the more cranky the animals get.

It's hard to believe that it's a new year...2010, er, I mean 2011- I keep making that mistake in my journal. I wonder what changes (if any) this year will bring....I keep hoping dad will find a job. This year; my older brother will be headed off to get his underwater welding degree. Samantha will be headed (just up the road)to college this fall. I think; not my youngest brother but my younger brother, Remington, is planning on heading to school ( he'd have to stay in a dorm)-he wants to be a mechanic. Three great changes, huh....Me? I don't have great plans...ha, I don't have plans...find a non seasonal job, that's about as exciting as it gets. My youngest brother is still in school (just turned 15 the 28th of December) so he doesn't have great plan either...he wants to get a job..and his temps.
I still don't have my licence. I know; I'm 20 and still can't drive. BUT driving scares me....I really don't enjoy it, and plus, money's really tight right now and I don't want to waste 20-40 bucks on getting my temps.
Mom told me (to quote) "oh, you are getting your temps by February!"  So it looks like I'll be getting my license this year.....

With love from my key board to your screen;
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

2 comments:

  1. G-D is so good!!! :D It's amazing how many miracles like that happen all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't He!!!! Everytime something bad could of happened but didn't, I'm always thanking God!!

    ReplyDelete