Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thankful

Being November and the month that brings us Thanksgiving; I decided to write down something I was thankful for everyday this month and post it November 30th.

It is so important in this day and age to be thankful, thankful to your parents, siblings, your employer (if you have a job), to be thankful if you don't have a job, and so on.
But the most important one to be thankful to is God. God blessed you with your health, home and happiness. But you still want more.
"Oh, I want a new car, I want a new house, I want a new dress, shoes, hair style, nose, computer, ipod, I want, want, want, want, want, want, WANT."
With my dad being out of work we have had to cut back on things, and let me tell you, it's amazing what you can live without!
Do you really NEED satellite TV? No.
Do you really NEED new shoes? No.
A new car? No.
...you need food, but you don't need name brand food, store brand tastes just as fine at a cheaper price.
You need clothing, but why pay 60 bucks for a name brand sweat shirt when Certain Stores sell them for 20-30 bucks; heck, if you go into a Good Will, you can find name brand anything for under 10!
So here's my list; The numbers are the days of November;
  1. I'm thankful for being able to work every weekend at a local farm all of October.
  2. I'm thankful for being old enough to vote and make a difference.
  3. I'm thankful for having a journal to write and express myself in.
  4. I'm thankful for my dog. Everytime I hold him or see him, he makes me happy and reminds me of the love God has for me.
  5. I'm thankful for being able to live on our farm.
  6. I'm thankful for Gods work.
  7. I'm thankful for the stars and there shining pure beauty. With the days being shorter I milk when it's dark and I love being able to look at the stars, they remind me how amazing God is!
  8. I'm thankful for being able to own, read and learn from the bible.
  9. I'm thankful for the Creation Museum (and my sister).
  10. I'm thankful for this warmer weather in November.
  11. My dad and all the hard work and help he gives around the farm! HE may not have a cash paying job; but here on the farm, he get's paid in so much appriciation!
  12. Today I am thankful for my comfy bed!
  13. I am thankful for my sister using her own money (since I wasn't there and yes, I'm going to pay her back) to buy me a call duck pair!
  14. My life is so amazing and blessed! I am so thankful for this!
  15. I am thankful for the 10% off entire purchase coupon at TSC. Who doesn't love it when they can save money!
  16. Today I am thankful that the thunder storm held off until we could get the evening chores done.
  17. I am thankful for the wonderful sun.
  18. I am thankful for my friends.
  19. I am thankful for my amazing (affordable) farrier; always willing to dish out knowledge with no extra charge. To quote him, "it's no trouble, I've already learned it, might as well use it, heck, my kids aren't interested in horses, so I'm glad someones benefiting from the knowledge of my experience."
  20. Today, I am thankful for a warmer day so I could finish the chicken run.
  21. My mom, she always makes me smile...I don't have many friends, and when I was younger my first best friend, who met in first grade (until Christmas break-third grade- I went to public school that's where I met "Stephie"), she was truly my best friend, we were always hanging out and talking...but shortly after I was home schooled, around 5th grade I think, she ignored me, never talking to me...called me names...was always "busy"....I was crushed, I though we'd be "bff's"....but I moved on and found another friend "Cathy", we were friends since I could remember! We were "bff's", but after we moved to our farm (I was 15, we had been friends since I was at least 7) she slowly stopped talking to me, started to ignore me...and then she finally said "I don't think we can be friends any more." .....Needless to say, I was devastated, twice I had been crushed by someone who call me their "bff"... There are even times now with my bff's; who I trust and love with my life; I start to think and have doubts, "will they turn out like "Stephie" and "Cathy", will they decided I'm not good enough? Are they my bffs? Do they really like hanging out with me..." But with my mom (and my sister I might add) I never think this! I know she will be there for me no matter what! She was there each time I had a friend turn into a stranger.  That is why I am SO thankful for my mom!
  22. Hmm...our house is getting very...strained/anxious/worried. We're very quickly running out of money....I try not to think about it because I panic and freak out if I do, and I keep praying my dad will find a job or that God will show us his plans....and with this anxiety it's hard to remember to be thankful...but, I fought back thoughts and fears and remembered that God tells us not to worry or fear for HE is with us...so, Today I am thankful for my dad making it home safely from visiting with Grandma in North Carolina.
  23. Haha, today I'm thankful that when Kenshin (Samantha's drake) got out of the pen a flew off, that he only flew ten feet and came back.
  24. Hmm...today....I....am....thankful...for.....God.
  25. Today I am so thankful for my family! I love getting together with my aunts, uncles and cousins! Food, talk and card games! Fun, Fun, Fun!!! I am also super psyched and thankful for being able to see a bald eagle!! Driving to thanksgiving dinner, we were in Warren County Ohio and there it was in the trees!! As free and beautiful as ever!!! We took pictures and watched as it took off a flew free and amazing!! Haha, I was just thinking earlier this week that it'd be so cool to see one wild!!! And I am super thankful that my entire family was there to see it with me!
  26. Today, I am thankful for the lack of wind...Where I live, we get winter wind, like a constant 30+mph wind! Even when the sun is out and the temperature is like, 40*, if there is any wind, brrrr, it makes it feel like it's 20*.
  27. Today I am thankful for libraries. No matter how often I go, I can spend hours there! I love books!
  28. Today I am thankful that my sister finally put her laundry away (now our room is clean!). I am also thankful that I was able to find a bracket for a shelf so I didn't have to go buy one.
  29. Today I am thankful that my sister and I were able to complete our Christmas shopping.
  30. Today I am thankful for my mom (yet again) she's just that awesome!

So, wow, it's actually December 1st 12:20 pm when I'm posting this...Merry Christmas (month).
Give thanks, and remember the reason for the season!

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment