Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Society Says So!

I've been doubting alot lately. Should I go to college?

You see; my sister, Samantha, has been talking (non-stop I might add) about college. Last year she graduated high school; and she's planning on going to college next year. She's be talking (again, non stop) about the ACT; finding where to take it, planning on taking it, taking practice tests; stressing about it, bla, bla, bla....She wants to go to college for equine studies.

This the last year of high school for one of my younger brothers; Remington; he wants to be an auto mechanic or something like that; and he's talking about the school he wants to go to; he'd have to stay in a dorm.

My older brother will be heading to either Florida or South Carolina sometime after the new year. He's heading down there to get his underwater welding degree. I might add, he already has his welding degree.

My youngest brother, Colton, (who will be 15 the 28th this month) is already talking about his plans-he also wants to work with cars. He and Remington talk about opening a shop someday.

Almost all of my cousins are going to college; almost all my friends are going to college....

And me? I want to be a wife and stay at home mom that runs a small self reliant hobby farm; raising a few horses and maybe buffalo ranching....no college. no trade school. nothing.
Sometimes I get thoughts in my head that try to make me into something I'm not. I have no desire to go to college; but everyone else is going...does not going make me dumber than my siblings???

Society says that going to college makes you smart; makes to more important than those who don't go.

But; then I remind myself; stay at home moms have the hardest job in the world; there job is 24/7.
A mom is raising the next leaders of the world; a mom is setting the rules for what's right and what's wrong. And I for one; don't want my kids being raise by strangers at day cares.

I love kids and want to home school; so, all in all, I'm a teacher, cook, maid, I'd work in management, chauffeur, referee, therapist, and doctor. That's just with the kids.
I want to raise horses; have a garden to can our own food. I want to raise bison for meat. I want to have milk goats and egg chickens. I want to raise our own meat birds.
When I write all this out; my job choice is one of the hardest jobs. I don't get paid with load of money; but I do get paid with the fact I'm with my kids and doing what I love...

Sometimes I just have to remind myself that God made me who I am and that I need to ignore what society says....

Following God, not society;
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment