Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Blog

Does anyone really read my blog? I've been blogging for over a year and I have 119 posts (give or take), only four followers and only 5 comments.
There are times I starting thinking about my blog and I think, "why do I bother."

But I enjoy blogging. Even if no one reads my posts. I know to the world; my life is boring. I mean; my 'farm' isn't really a farm. My 'farm' consists of a bunch of pets. Yeah; I have milking does and egg layers. And every summer we raise meat bird. But a 'real farm' has a lot more...
Every blog seems to be the same old-same old. I don't have a big group of friends to have adventures with. My dad's out of a job so nothing new happens around here. I don't have a job so I don't have a lot of money to blow. There are times I get into a rut and get depressed; why can't my life be exciting?

One of my best friends just got engaged; and I'm super happy and excited for her (congrats again)! When those feelings start to wear off (I won't lie) I get jealous (which makes me feel really selfish). Why not me? When will I meet my Prince Charming? Why is God making me wait? I mean, what is HE waiting for?!?!
My...dream? Ideal? Is to be married by the time I'm 25....Five more years isn't a lot of time. But then again; it is I guess. I keep reminding myself that when my parents first started dating they were married 13 months later. But then I remember they knew about each other before they started dating...and I don't know any guys...
When I start feeling this way; I try to remember to talk to God. He has a plan for me; even if it's not according to my time.
The other day mom asked me what if Gods plans for me doesn't include me be married...I told her, "then for the first time in history He really screwed up!"

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, they are plans for good, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11.
Galahad has; what looks like; an abscess getting ready to burst. It must really hurt him because he barely is able to walk on that hoof.

Today is super nice and sunny. You can tell when the weather gets nice because all the animals are outside.
The boys (Fubar and Snafu) discovered they could just there stall wall and get into the hay area so we'll have to put up another rail to keep them in.

Remember; God has a plan for you (and me)!
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

3 comments:

  1. I read it :) And I enjoy it! This sounds silly but there's like something I want to respond to in just about every one your posts, but I never actually get the comment written lol.
    (btw, this is is jessie in case you didn't know who miss dashwood was lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a guess that it was you (btw Samantha and I love your name, Miss Dashwood!); and I'm glad you enjoy my blogging..I try to keep it interesting...and feel free to comment away; it really wouldn't bother me!!!

    ReplyDelete