Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Let it snow...

Since December 1st it's been snowing on and off. The snow plows have been going back and forth making sure the roads are clear.
Heading out to do chores, you feel like you're heading to fight fires with all the 'gear' you put on...wool socks, muck boots, jackets, coveralls, coat, hat, thin gloves then thick gloves over those...as I walk out to do chores, I feel like a penguin waddling out in the snow.

The ducks aren't happy there there swimming bowl keeps freezing over. All of the water buckets freeze so in the morning I have to bring jugs of hot water out...Last night we put the blankets on the horses. The didn't seem to mind it-though they didn't love it either...
We put Dorothys, Sophies, Awols and Naomi's coat on 'em. It's just so cold! I know animals are designed to handle it, but they're my babies and if it was up to me, I'd bring them (well, the kids, not the full grown goats) inside!
It's Christmas time, I've been enjoying listening to the music and seeing the sights. This year, we went and cut our own tree. Dad and Spencer were gone hunting (and no, it's sad, they didn't get a deer). But everyone else went. We went to a local Christmas Tree farm, and spent a half an hour choosing a tree. When it came time to cut it, let me tell you, I want that saw! It cut through the trunk like cutting through warm butter!!
It was fun! I think it'll be a new tradition! Samantha and I decorated it! It looks so pretty!

This past Saturday, mom, Samantha and I went with our friends to see a local annual horse carriage parade.  It was so beautiful! It snowed the entire time, not wet snow, not heavy snow..but the snow you see in movies! The big beautiful light snow!! It just made it feel like Christmas time! It was so much fun! Just goes to show that you don't need money to find fun Christmas themed events!

During Christmas time, I always remember 'the reason for the season'! I check out library book about 'CHRIST-mas', about Jesus' birth, about Mary and Joseph. I read the bible, and well, sing the songs, and I always think, Thank-you God, Thank you Mary, Thank you Joseph, and Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Jesus!

Wanna play a game? I talk about our animals alot, so, lets see what you remember, match the name to the breed;
Mushu                         Lamancha/Nubian
Odysseus                   Baby Doll Sheep
Naomi                          Arabian
Lynwy                          Thoroughbred
Abilene                         Pygmy goat
Awol                             Papillon

p.s.
What do you think of the new layout? Pretty cool, huh!?

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment