Monday, November 15, 2010

Duck, Duck, Ducky, Duck, Ducks!!!!!

Guess what! Come on, guess! Guess! Read the title of this blog.......have a guess?  Ok...what is it? I'll give you a hint...we have new members of the family....guess....come on people, GUESS!  You're right! We have geese! Haha, just kidding! We have ducks, four ducks, two pairs.
They're call ducks, cute little call ducks! Samantha went to a poultry show with some friends and bought them, one pair for her and one for me! It's kind of funny, she called home to ask mom for permission to get them, and then she asked it I wanted to buy a pair....and of course, I did!!!!
Ducks! Eeeeeeh!!!! We have ducks!!! Not just any old ducks, CALL DUCKS!!! Samantha's pair are the classic all white. My pair, the female (what is a female duck called? A hen...a duck...a female? For this blog I shall call it a hen...) is a blue fawn and the drake is a magpie (not the classic, my boy has to much color on him). I have already named them, Samantha is still working on names, the drake is Yusuke (pronounced yous-kay) and the hen is Keiko (pronounced kay-ko)....hehehe, ducks!

In other news...we've been busy the weather's been really nice so we've been preparing for winter even more so...Dad has the frame for the first half of the new chicken coop built. We just have to buy fencing tomorrow to finish it.....we have an area inside the horse barn fixed so we can stall Quartermaine during the night. The reason we decided to do this is many; He's the lowest rank in the herd and is pushed outside of the barn and into the cold rain/snow, now he can't be pushed out he can stay nice and warm. As stated he's the lowest rank and gets beat up on when we put hay out, now he won't be. And the last straw, he has really weak/soft hooves, they're so worn down that the farrier won't be able to trim them when he comes out next week. By stalling him, it guarantees that we will pick his hooves at least once a day, and most important of all, he won't be able to walk around all night foraging causing his weak hooves to get even more worn.
Hmm....is there anything else....I feel like I'm forgetting something...oh, well...
Good night and sleep tight my blogging friends!
.....Oh, wait, now I remember what I forgot!!!! QUACK!

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment