Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sad News

I really don't want to be writing this...by writing this it makes it offical and true and I don't want it to be either....
The 18th Isobel got out of our yard; we have actual fencing and the invisable kind to try to keep the dogs in; well, a few weeks back the invisable dog fence box blew because our house got struck by lightening (this is the third time we've have the box blow because of lightening). And the real fencing, to be frank, sucks...so yeah, Isobel loves to run and chase birds. She's a truly bird brain dog!!
For a while she was just staying in our horse fields but then she started cross the busy road we live by.....As we we putting the animals away that evening, she got hit by a car....No one saw it happen (the car didn't even stop) but the boys heard the thump and then heard whimpering. Isobel was waiting by the gait by the time dad and Spencer made it outside. They brought her inside and set her down on one of our comfy chairs...She seemed fine; a little sore, and her elbow was bleeding a bit but that was it... she seemed fine....but sometime between 6 and 7 the following morning she passed away....

What a thing to wake up to...the moment I woke up I was like, Please be ok Izzy!! I got down stairs and didn't see her...I just knew then...Spencer confirmed it by telling me that he's going to have to break bad new to mom and how he's not looking forward to it....ha, he never even told me she was dead...he was nice enough to move her outside onto the porch so we wouldn't have to step over her to get into the bathroom...what a hard day that was....dad and Spencer buried her for us..
I'll miss her....but now she's in a place where she can run as long as she wants and chase what ever animals she pleases...she's with Sugar, Skyfeather, and Ricky-Ticky waiting for us to join them someday in heaven.

I believe our animals go to heaven....why? Well, God wants nothing more than for us to be happy; and I don't know about you; but my animals make me so happy and it hurts so bad when they're gone. You can argue different if you wish; but why would you want to?

You will be miss beloved Isobel, 2005-2010.

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment