Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rain Storm

I really want  to blog right now because I hate checking the blogs I follow and seeing my very sad last post...I still miss her...

So; yesterday it rained...it poured....IT STORMED!!! With winds reaching speeds up to 70mph and just being in a tornado warning area; I'd say it stormed!!! It rained so much so hard we couldn't see out our windows; the wind was making it rain sideways! Ha, the entire time I'm thinking, "I want to be outside with my animals to make sure they're OK".
Right before it was coming mom started to bring laundry in; I had stepped outside to look around...we have this part of the house that connects the garage to the house with the porch- we call it the wind tunnel (take a guess why)..So any who she had gone inside and I could here the rain coming so I turned around to head through the wind tunnel back to the door with Chance and Tito under my feet, the wind hit, and let me tell you! The dogs were freaked out I had to work to get through the wind tunnel and to the door. The porch swing was swinging crazy like I had to grab it to keep it from hitting me; Chance and Tito are clinging to my legs freaked out...I couldn't open the door! Dad had to push it open from inside to let us all in!!!!

I kept worrying that one of the kids were stuck some how outside and were getting rained on...I was worried that the horses were keeping Quartermaine (who's the lowest of the herd) out of the barn and he was getting soaked...thankfully it was just worry and everyone stayed dry and safe.
The rain was so cold!!! Yesterday started out rather warm but man, when that rain hit, it brought the cold with it!!

So how'd we weather? Um...OK a few down branches, nothing big.....the storm destroyed our PVC chicken run so right now the chickens have to stay inside there coop. Dad's going to rebuild but this time use wood. Samantha and I are excited about that...
Samantha's new hens are kept out in one of the horse fields in a chicken tractor and the tractor part (not where they roost but the run) is made a PVC and blew across the field so her hens had free run of that field for a couple hours. I tell you though we needed this rain! It's been so dry!
I hope everyone else weathered this storm as well as we did...

I'm excited because I'm getting general tso for lunch/dinner. Well, I'm off to the restaurant to pick up my order.
zài jiàn (goodbye in Chinese)
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment