Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October

This post needs to be written in fall colors. Fall is all around me. The leaves are changing. Farmers are harvesting. You can feel the chill of winter in the air. The animals coats are getting thicker. The birds are flying south. It's sad and depressing but at the same time amazing and beautiful. Fall time is Gods art work. His amazing art work! To see green leaves change into yellow and orange and also red!! 

It's truly amazing!! All of Gods work is amazing!! I'm not the type that goes into depression come winter (like my mom). I find joy in everything-I am optimistic! Winter's a time to relax, watch movie, play games, clean and do crafts. It's time for soups, swiss miss, comfy pjs, warm socks and family meals (in the summer time my family is just busy with other things and hungry at different times so its eat when you're hungry dinners)...when it snows it's snow angel, snow forts and snow ball fight time! It's time for friends to get together without feeling like you should be weeding not lounging and eating.
To me, fall and winter is a time to reflect. Time to relax. Sure, most of the time it's freezing outside and yeah, I also wonder where the sun is hiding. But why complain about something I have no control over? Why whine and complain about the coming winter, when no matter what, it's going to come.

There's not much going on here since my last post...my dad and oldest brother our in SC helping family. Did I ever tell you about our new dog? Yes, I know, yet another dog, but in out defence this dog weighs like 2 pounds tops, ha ha. It's a cute chihuahua, her name is Josephina. She's older and was another drop off.

I've been shopping for Christmas, I love Christmas!!....Have I said that before; if so, I can't help it, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas!!! I have all of my gifts chosen and most of them already bought! I have one still in being shipped, and another I have to wait till it's closer to Christmas to get. I'm so excited-I put alot of thought in my gifts. Like, all through the year I keep my ears open for ideas and jot them down when I hear or think of something they want.

Tomorrow is my mom and dads 23 wedding anniversary! 23 years!!! I'm so proud of them! They are such and inspiration! When all the world the average marriage lasts 4-7 years; they've been though the ringer and still love each other more than ever! They are truly my role models!!
...When people get married now there thoughts are "oh, if it doesn't work, we can just get a divorce." And I find that truly awful! When I get married it's forever and ever. Just like God designed and planned.

Odysseus is....stiff? Sore? Hurt? I'm not sure what's wrong with him; he walks very stiff and sore....not lame. and not founder....I don't know what it is...It makes me worry, I wish he could talk...

Warm wishes, and cups of cocoa!
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment