Friday, August 27, 2010

And her name is....

We finally decided on a name for Annabells baby.....drum role please.......
Her name shall be Coraline!!! Yes, Coraline, not Caroline.

The weather is beatiful! Still hot, but in the shade nice a cool!! We've had our a/c off for the past two weeks, (We don't have true a/c, just those window units in our bed rooms). We're starting to clean up parts of the garden...we never did get fall veggies planted. Oh, well, maybe next year.
I've been busy canning.
I've decided that....ok, you know how we're planning on training Snafu and Handsome to pull a cart? Well, I've decided that I'm going to train Awol to pull a mini cart and also to do some tricks.....Spin, stand, come, ect. How fun is this going to be!! This nicer weather gets me excited for riding!

Here's something to think about, in this day and age it's all about smarts, and how smart you are....but I don't think IQ matters. What matters is how are you smart? Just because someone is taking 3X advanced math doesn't make them smarter then someone on barely gets math but knows how to crochet, preserve food, plant a garden, milk a goat, sew a quilt, ect......does that make sense? Since I wsa first homeschooled (christmas break 3rd grade) people have always challenged how smart I was.... I'd have kids my age come up and ask me some advanced algebra question, and, psh, YEAH RIGHT, there was no way I was going to know that answer! But I did know how to tell what was poison ivy and what wasn't I could tell you what tracks belonged to what animals, I could name trees, plants, I could tell you amazing facts about certain animals or in history....but because it didn't live up to what public school said made you smart, the kids would try to make me feel dumb.....but here's the kicker, I only focused on math I needed, I went over the basics in algebra but I was never forced to learn it because my mom knew I wasn't going to go into a career that needed it. So after I graduated High School, I left remembering everything I was taught. Where as the average public schooler learns for the test.

So just think on this ok? When ever someone makes you feel dumb remind yourself, it's not about how smart you are, it's about what makes you smart. (Remember someone with a high IQ might not be able to fold laundry or fry chicken!) 
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment