Saturday, July 24, 2010

Garden Harvest

Hello my blogger friends!
The past week or two, we've been getting yellow squash and zucchini in. We're up to our eyeballs with them! We've been eating them and freezing a bunch of it....we've also been getting a great harest of banana peppers.
Just two days ago we got our first harvest of greenbeans in! YUM!!!!
With my dad out of work, God is truely blessing us with our garden so far.

All the animals are well....Annabell has yet to kid. Those nasty horseflies have arrived, which makes not only the horses unhappy, but the rest of us unhappy, those flies are evil!!

For a while the weather has been unhappy hot....but now it's unsurvivably hot! Super humid with a high of 96  today with the heat index being 101-106!! YUCK!

Remember to enjoy life, take it easy, and stay cool!

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just stumbled across your blog... I love your goats! Last year we had so much squash we didn't know what to do with it! We were giving it to everyone. I froze some of it, but I liked it fresh best. I laughed when someone told me a story about how you know you live in the country when people have so much squash that you come out of church and find someone has sneaked some squash onto the front seat of your car! I was like that last year. This year our garden dried up from a drought, and we don't have any squash!
    ~Lynn from Razzberry Corner in MD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope you enjoy reading my blog! We tried canning some squash last year, but it turned into a big soggy mess by the time we opened the cans. We were up to our eye balls with squash when we discovered that out goats LOVE squash! So now, we're giving them all they can eat; this way the squash doesn't go to waste!
    I love my goats too! Haha, I never thought I'd be really into goats until I goat one! They're so much like dogs!

    ReplyDelete