Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tilling, planting and fencing

Yeah!!! Yesterday we FINALLY started to plant our garden!! Spencer tilled it th past couple days (we have a very large garden so it took a while to till it up with all the grass starting to grow over the land)  we made the rows and started planting! Tomatoes, Sweet peppers, and sweet onions! Yeah!!! Still have lots more to plant though! We started putting pvc/electric fencing back up around the garden; other wise Denmark and the other dogs would end up destroying the garden...Ha ha, as we were planting the onions Denmark was following plucking the just planted onions out of the ground! So, yeah, the poles are up, we still have to get the wire up.
I love gardening! At the end of the day, when I was tired and dirty, I was like; this is what I'm meant to do. Some people feel they're meant to be a doctor, others a police officer. I feel like God made me to be a stay at home mom, that gardens and raises horses.
I read a book about discovering the purpose God designed you for. And I know that I am meant to be a stay at home mom, the only thing is that in this world when I say that I get looks along the line of, lazy. But here's the thing, parents are raising the next generation. They're raising the next leader, doctor, officer, teacher.....And stay at home moms are there 24/7 to guide and aid there children! A while ago I was struggling finding who I was, I prayed and searched to try to find out. And a stay at home mom, is the career I want! Though, I have many years till I find a hubby and get  married; I'm in no hurry, I know that God has a man out there for me and in His time, I will meet him (though I hope I meet him within the next five years). 

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand."
Psalms 37:23-24 

No comments:

Post a Comment