Saturday, June 12, 2010

Quotes

I don't really have any update; the garden's growing and the animals are great.....I wanted to share these christian quotes I found...
~A Bible that is Falling apart is a Good indication of a Life that isn’t.
~“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis
~"To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.” MLK Jr.
~"The purpose of Christianity is not to avoid difficulty, but to produce a character adequate to meet it when it comes. It does not make life easy; rather it tries to make us great enough for life.”

On the first quote, I hate how people make the bible something holy....that doesn't quite sound like what I mean, let me explain....there are people out there that feel one shouldn't mark helpful quotes, or fold pages....they make the bible "holy"....now I'm not saying to that when people burn the bible it's ok; I'm just saying, mark the pages,highlight, write notes, GOD DOESN'T CARE! God loves the fact that after owning a bible for only a couple years you have to buy a new one because you used the old one so much!!!

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment