Friday, May 14, 2010

Walking with the kids

Today Samantha and I spent most of the day walking with our kids. Naomi and Handsome are back from then stable for over the weekend. Our kids are growing so fast!!! Already Naomi, Handsome and Gemma are 4 weeks old (Today is Naomi's four-week birthday. Sunday is the twins 4-week.) Awol is seven weeks this Sunday (which I still need to get pictures on here!). We're going to start putting them out in a pen during the day...I don't want them to go outside! I love them so much!!! On the subject of the stables- Naomi and Handsome only have around 3-4 days left to stay!!!!!

Awol loves eating mom's rose bushes! It's kind-of cute....we'll be out (far from the rose bush) I'll turn around and he'll be plotting his way to the bush; that little stinker!!! Awol is doing SO much better compaired to when I first got him. When I first got him he lacked luster; was infested with lice; didn't eat well, and worst of all he didn't run and jump like kids should! But with love, care and patience he's come out of his shell; healthy and happy!!!

I finally started the process of cleaning the chicken coop today. If you own chicken, or have been around chickens; you know that there...well, I'll be frank, poop can be like cement...in addition to stinking....I've smelled (not purposely...you know how it goes) cow poo, rabbit poo, dog poo, cat poo, ferret poo, horse poo, goat poo, hamster poo and none of them smell as bad and chicken poo!! Gag; if you get it on you the smell lingers FOREVER!.........We've (sammy and I) have been meaning to clean it since begining of spring. And finally towards the end; we've started the process.

The weather has been a bit picky; one day warm and sunny, the next cold and windy, the next hot and humid.....we still have to get the garden ready- this is why they tell you to get the garden ready in the fall!! GRRR!!!!! Well, it's started to dry up so; fingers crossed we'll have the garden tilled and ready soon!!!

.....I love the bible verse I chose for my signature!!! It really speaks to me! "....though they may stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand"....Do you remember when you were younger and you'd hold you daddy's hand and happy and safe it made you feel? Everytime I feel down, sad, upset, scared, ect, I think about God (my heavenly FATHER) holding my hand. (Just like my earthly father)  He's always there for me; holding my hand, and knowing that it makes me smile.

~~Gabrielle W.~~
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment