Thursday, May 20, 2010

Praying

Praying; we all pray (and if you don't, you should).....a few days ago I was thinking; about praying; not doing it; but the concept of it....And how when you're at church or dinner or where ever you are when someone says; let's bow our heads and pray. You close your eyes and bow your head....but do you pray? Do you really listen to the words and speak to God from your heart?
From the moment we're born, we are taught to bow our head, (be quiet), close our eyes, hold hands and "pray".....after years and years of this, without thinking, when someone says 'let's pray' you reach to the person next to you, bow your head, and "pray"....are you praying? Or are you just going through the motions?
....I've caught myself just going through the motions and while someone it praying to God; be it giving thanks or asking for help/forgivness, ect. I'll be thinking about food, the book I'm reading or what I'm going to do later that day/week....
It's hard for me to pray, just by myself, I get distracted very easily! I'll start praying, and then before I know it, I'm singing along to a song I have stuck in my head....it sucks, but I'm working on it.

......So, next time someone says 'let's pray' you have two choices, either bow your head and pray-really and truely pray from your heart. Or don't bow your head and pretend-God know's you're faking it.

~~Gabrielle W.~~
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24   

No comments:

Post a Comment