Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Nuc is coming today!

That's right! Our bees are coming today!!! I'm so excited!
A nuc is like a minature bee hive......you can get packages of them, which cost less; but the queen isn't the queen from the hive the workers were taken from; the queen was raise to sell. Useing this method is a bit risky cause the workers may reject the queen.....
I would of went with my dad and mom to go get them after church; but, first I wasn't ready to go to church; second; I was sleeping....

So yep, they're coming, I'll keep you updated!!!

Yesterday; I was laying outside with all the kids...and Samantha's kids are wild things! Running, jumping, it's very funny! The problem, I was laying on the steps (mistake number 1), Samantha had just brought her kids outside (mistake number 2), now they had been jumping on me, barely missing my face, for a while; I just ignored them (mistake number 3)...well, all of a sudden, Handsome came flying out of now where, straight at my face, before I could  do anything, Handsome landed on my face; giving my a black eye and fat lip.....but thankfully the swelling and pain) went away within a few hours....
THEN; after milking (thankfully I wasn't holding the milk filled pail) I slipped stepping outside the goat barn scrapping the top of my foot, landing on my back, knocking the air out of me, nearly hitting the concrete block with my head......making me cry; which made me laugh, which made me sound like a coughing goose.

It's been raining the past two days....we needed the rain. I heard from someone (who heard from several 'old-time' farmers) it's going to be a hard year; no rain!! He warned us to stock up on hay.....

Two days ago I set out rain barrels; only one under a drain; but either way all three of them are getting filled....

Right now I'm watching Rugrats Movie....ah, the good old days. Now that I'm almost 20 (come July 9th) I look back on my childhood and wish I could have a do-over. I wasted my childhood wishing for something more; worry about how I looked or how I seemed to others. What a waste. I should of enjoyed not having to worry about how I look; or if I seem imature-I was 8 (or 10, or 12, you get the idea).
I was always wish I was older so I could get a job. I was always thinking I was ugly; which affecting how I dress and acted around others; never being myself! I questioned God and wondered if He cared....
Watching all my 'childhood movies' it brings me back; regrets come up; but they taught me and made me who I am today.
Today I am a beautiful confident young women. I don't care if others think I'm dumb, ugly, or fat (all of which I'm not).  Today I try to "live in the moment" I try to take time and breath. Before I would question God.....But know I rely on Him; I know He's there now (as He's always been), I know He loves me for me and that's good enough for me!!!

So just remember; if you're young (18 and under); don't worry about having a boy friend (which I still have yet to get); don't worry if you're clothing it's what 'the cool kids' wear. (remember while you shop at wal-mart and save money while at the same time getting cute clothing; they're shopping a what they consider 'name brand stores' getting closer and closer into debt. And if it take $200 jeans to make to feel beautiful, then you really need to re-evaluate your priorities)
And if you're no longer a child (19+) don't regret every thing you did or didn't do; learn from your mistakes!

There are things in my past that if they didn't happen; we would of never moved; I would of never discovered who I am; and I would of never made the great friends I have now!

Learn to trust God and everything will turn out alright!!

~~Gabrielle W.~~
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24 

No comments:

Post a Comment