Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Contra Dancing

Last night Samantha and I were invited to go Contra dancing with friends; and I have to say; it was SOOOOO much fun!!!!!
What is contra dancing? Well....I'll be honest, I don't really know how to describe it so I googled it....
Contra refers to several patterned folk dance styles in which couples dance in two facing lines of indefinite length. Over the course of the dance, in response to the Caller's instructions, each couple interacts with the couple next to them to form a four person "set" and each set interacts with the sets on either side of them. Over the course of a dance each couple moves up and down the hall, interacting with every other couple in their multi-set "line." For videos and a little more info go to http://www.contradance.org/ .....it's kind of like the dances you see in the Jane Austen movies.

Yesterday I got a pygmy goat buckling! Yeah, I know, another animal....BUT I'm going to rent him out to a stable for them to use for field trips. He'll earn his keep....and yes, Samantha is keeping her buckling, who she calls, Handsome. Oh, I named my pygmy goat, Awol....it goes with Snafu and Fubar!
Oh, upon bringing Awol home, I discovered he had lice......lice is...um, I forget the word, but goat lice won't spread to dogs or people....just like people lice won't spread to goats....So now all of our goats have been treated with sevens dust.....so far no more lice....
Tomorrow we take ALL of them to be disbudded and the boys to be fixed.....it's been rather cold here..


Sophie is giving 1 gallon and 1 quart of milk a day. Dorothy is giving almost a gallon of milk a day (some days giving a gallon).

That's it for now...
God Bless!!

~~Gabrielle W.~~"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy that you had fun contra dancing! Every one there seemed to like you guys!!! Well have to go again. I don't know if I have to work this Monday but if not then we should go, Alli has to work though. But yea, we should go again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dancing- I hope to take classes some day :-)

    ReplyDelete