Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Summer Planning

Ok, so I was thinking (these past two days) while I was stripping the boys stall...which they were no help AT ALL, they kept getting in my way, and standing next to me, stepping on the tarp I was tossing all the ick on......any who, I was thinking about how this summer I'm going to do a sort of....I don't know what to call it yet or when it will start and end, but a not wasting summer, summer....like, everyday, I'm going to do something to enjoy and live in the moment.....like.....catch fireflies......hopscotch....ride my bike down the rode....play tag.....like 'the good old days', when you're a child, (yes, I know I'm only 19, I'm still young) from the moment the sun rose, you were outside playing, only coming in for lunch and some drinks....but usually you did all that outside too...no matter the temperture, you were outside! Come dark, it was time for night time games, hide and seek (graveyard version) catching fire flies, or just hanging out talking about 'tomorrow's plans'....
I always wonder,
\what happened, when did we stop living every moment to the fullest? Sure it was hot, but we had SO much fun, our summers were always pack full of excitment! We were never inside wasting our lives on the TV or internet, or any game system....when did it change?
Now that we're "grown up" we rarely go outside just to be outside, we never walk barefoot in the morning dew grass, we've long stopped playing tag and hide and seek....now it's about the shopping, movies, or gaming...Yeah, I know 'some haveto work for a living'....but guess what, you get home at.....5?6? eat dinner, and then watch tv...or get on the computer.....in the summer, the sun doesn't set till like.....8:30? 9? Why not eat dinner outside a couple nights a week....go for an evening walk....look at the stars! Yes, there are still stars in the sky! JUST LOOK UP!!! And not down at the cell phone, or ipod......

Did you ever notice how shows go into re-runs for children during the summer?????? There's a reason!

So, this summer, (I'll post the start date). I am going to be doing something EVERY DAY (For how long I'm not sure) and I'll blog it, right here on Twin Oaks stables blog....yeah I know, Won't blogging just blow the whole idea....I didn't say, I'm not going to watch tv or get on the net.....I just going to live EVERDAY to the fullest, making sure to do something fun and for no reason........
I have the erge to play hops-scotch...
Gabrielle W.