Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Howdy

Hey bloggies....that sounds disgusting.....what would you call someone following a blog? Hmmm....

Oh, so it's a little warmer this week, the horses have the blankets off, I'm letting 'the boys' out of there stall and leaving the door open to the barn...

Oh, the barn...hmmm, mom came in from feeding the horses and was like, "uh, Gabrielle, one of the heat lamps in the boys stall fell, it landed on their feeder and melted it."

Thank Goodness!! Could you imagine if that heat lamp fell into the straw bedding? The boys stall being in the middle of the hay/straw area. In the middle on an old wood barn.....I wouldn't have my boys, or my barn.... Just one little miracle God gave us this month...

I never told you about Mimic...Mimic is Samanthas only living pet chicken, one was evil we got rid of him, the other was killed by a hawk.
So her hen, was walking about, I had been gone for a while (I was in DC) when I got back I was like, "Uh, Samantha? You might want to check to see if Mimic is clogged," (sometimes when a chicken is stressed they can clog up and not be able to use the bathroom)

When it comes to her animals, Samantha isn't good at handling emergencies.

But I talked her into looking, she freaked out...well not totoally freaked out but she wasn't calm...
I had her bring Mimic in so we could wash her off and see what was going on "Down there".
Man did she stink! Oh my gosh, GAG!!!!!!!! Like spoiled chicken poo stink!!!

Well, it looked like she have prolapse, meaning she laid to big of an egg for her size and her vent came out with the egg and didn't retract back in..... After a couple days of washing her bottom and applying honey, (honey is a natural way to kill germs and reduce swelling)

Samantha decided to take Mimic to the vet....Well, people don't normaly take chickens to a vet so everyone at the office was surprised... Turns out, Mimic had a tumor on her vent wall, the vet banded it and it has fallen off and now Mimic is back with the other chickens...

No comments:

Post a Comment