Monday, January 25, 2010

Breast Cancer

A week or so ago, we found out my Granny had breast cancer (stage one, thankfully). And this past Friday she had surgury to remove her whole breast (which is what the doctor recommended).
It got me thinking...how sudden life can change.
We go on, living our day to day lives, hearing about bad things happening to other people, never stoping to think, that could happen to me.

You buy the ribbens for the back of you car or the pens for the shirts. You buy products at stores saying they donate a whatever percentage to some cure for whatever.
Never thinking about what if it's my mom/sister/dad/uncle, ect. that is fighting for there life.

It's scary...isn't it. When we found out about Granny it was like, whoa, how could this happen? Granny is such a strong women, I never thought (of all people) she'd get breast cancer... Some people try to challenge Christians saying "If God were real, why would He let this happen to someone who belives in Him and trusts Him?"

Along with other things, I feel it makes us face our own mortality. Making us realize how short life truely is. When bad things happen to "good people" it makes you slow down and makes you realize how important God and Jesus truely are. I'd like to say most Chistians use bad events to get in touch and closer to God. But most think, "why me? Why did God allow cancer to hold me for ransom? What am I suppose to be learning from all of this pain I am suffering from this disease?"

"why me?" You were living a great life, you had a job you loved. You had a family and sometimes you even went to church. Why do I have cancer? I never harmed or took advantage of anyone! Why am I being punished? Why is God doing this to me? I am a good person!

Fist of all, God didn't create cancer. He did not single you out to punish you because of sin in your life. God loves people! Cancer is a result of people falling prey to an evil world.

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says

Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.
Are you laughing?

Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her "How could God let something like this Happen?" (regarding Katrina)

Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives.

And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?

"Count it all joy when ye fall into various trials, knowing this,
that the testing of your faith worketh patience."
(James 1:2-3)

Makes you think, huh?
Gabrielle W.

No comments:

Post a Comment